MyDocNow is a telemedicine pioneer in the Philippine Health Care system and is looking for 500 doctors to participate in their novel telemedicine platform.
Patients are able to contact doctors at their convenience through an Android or iOS application, after reaching a nurse triage system. Using Avizia, a US-based HIPAA-compliant telemdicine software, MyDocNow seeks to bring the telemedicine movement of Western countries into the Philippines to reach patients who are not able to see doctors right away.
Doctors who join MyDocNow will be able to:
1. Do online consults through their laptop any time they specify
2. Save patient data in an HIPAA-compliant electronic health record via desktop
3. Specify their professional fees per call. (MyDocNow takes 20% of consultation fees)
4. Prescribe medicines online which will be honored by their partner pharmacy MedExpress
5. Refer patients for emergency management within the system through their partner ambulance service Lifeline.
6. Refer patients to their own clinics for further physical examination and management if necessary.
The aim of MyDocNow is to improve health-seeking behavior by increasing access to immediate medical care. Doctors who treat patients for chronic disease, mental health, or other non-urgent issues are able to connect with their patients without the hassles of being texted in the middle of the night. Emergency care may also be given by immediate clinical triage and referral to ambulance services.
We need and will prioritize the first 500 doctors who will apply. Doctors with existing patients may be found by their patients by using the triage system. Doctors who are starting out may also be able to find new patients through the service.
1. A laptop with internet
2. PRC license
This is an adoption of the already competitive telemedicine industry in developed countries, and still, is the first of its kind in the Philippines. Be part of it.